A-Z revision booklet
It’s that time of year in the school calendar when thoughts turn to revision. Students have to revise for mocks, but thanks to the Pandemic simply saying “revise” to students does not mean what it used to. Some students have missed over a year of school time so all that knowledge and experience and ideas that teachers collectively might have given them on how to revise have been lost. Any time on screen or in virtual classrooms was given over to the delivery of theory with students being left alone (mostly) to revise in their own student time.
This is why it is important to give students ideas on how to manage their time, how to format their notes, how to test themselves and how to revisit topics in an interesting way.
I started to put together many ideas for my year 12s and 13s so they could try out some of the revision methods and work out what works best for them. The brief was that they should try the ideas and feedback that they liked most, the key was that it was personal to them they only had to please themselves.
So I wrote sheets A, B and C and quickly realised that I had enough ideas to get to Z. So the A-Z pack was born. As I am a business and have website fees to pay I decided to monetise the finished booklet.
Here are some ways to use the A-Z revision booklet:
1) Send the entire pack digitally to all students
2) Send specific pages to different classes or students to find out what works best
3) Ask students to vote on their top 5 revision methods
4) Hold competitions for revision notes / videos / blogs / cartoons etc.
5) Create a huge wall display of revision ideas and pictures revision tools that students have used e.g. plate spinners, foldables, collages etc.
Works in A4 or printed 4 per page. The entire A-Z pack is available to buy now for just £5
Let me know which ideas work the best with your students